Updated: January 7, 2016
The first-ever app for the American Booksellers Association’s Winter Institute went live on January 6. The app, developed for ABA by CrowdCompass by Cvent, is designed to enhance the experience for booksellers, publishers and other sponsors, speakers, and guests at Winter Institute 11, to be held in Denver from January 23–26.
All Winter Institute registrants were sent an e-mail on Wednesday afternoon with a link to download the free app for iPhone, iPad, or Android, as well as information about how to use it. The app is available from the App Store or Google Play. Once the app is installed, Winter Institute 11 attendees will be able to use it to:
- Access the event schedule at any time
- Customize their personal agenda with notes
- Create a public or private user profile
- Message and share contact information with fellow attendees
- See all the plenary and featured speakers and read their bios
- Get detailed information about sessions and special events
- Access maps of the host hotel, the Sheraton Denver Downtown, and Tattered Cover Book Store, site of the opening reception, and other key Wi11 locations
- View all sponsors and Consultation Station vendors
- See the complete list of participating authors
- Receive important updates and alerts in real time
- Bookmark speakers, fellow attendees’ profiles, and sessions
- Fill out post-session evaluations
- Share updates on Twitter and LinkedIn automatically using the hashtag #Wi11
The minimum operating system requirements for using the app on Apple devices is iOS 7 or greater; for Android, 4.0 or greater.
App content is also visible in a web version using the following Internet browsers: Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer (versions 9, 10, or 11). Once a user logs in, his or her personal schedules can be synced across multiple devices.
Questions about the app can be addressed to ABA’s member relationship managers:
- Nathan Halter (NCIBA, SCIBA, MPIBA, PNBA, SIBA) at (914) 406-7514 or email@example.com
- Catherine Cusick (NAIBA, NEIBA, GLIBA, MIBA) at (914) 406-7566 or firstname.lastname@example.org.