The American Independent Business Alliance’s 11th Annual Independents Week, from July 1 through July 7, joins communities nationwide in celebration of the contributions made by local independent businesses.
“We hope booksellers will again be leading voices for Independents Week across the country,” said AMIBA co-founder Jeff Milchen.
Bookstores wanting to organize Independents Week events in their communities will find a wealth of resources on the AMIBA website.
New this year is the completely renovated toolbox of graphic templates, including a Facebook banner, table tents, buttons and stickers, logos, street banners and flags, and game cards.
To help businesses organize Independents Week on the home front, AMIBA provides:
- A list of ideas for activities and events for businesses to host
- A library of tools and templates to promote events and engage community members
- Resources for getting the word out to local media
- Templates and language to get local government participation
- A checklist to hit every highlight in the planning process
The tools can be used in store, online, and via social media. All collateral in the library is free and customizable for local use as long as AMIBA is cited as the source. AMIBA provides assistance with graphics and customization for its group affiliates and business members.
Bookstores are encouraged to share Independents Week photos and activities via social media to help generate national news coverage.