In an effort to keep members up-to-date on the latest news and changes as BookSense.com evolves, BTW is introducing a new monthly feature from BookSense.com Director Len Vlahos, "BookSense.com On the Move
Greetings! Our staff is going to be focusing a lot of energy toward enhancing the BookSense.com product over the next several months, and were going to be using this space to keep you apprised of changes as they occur. Its our hope that as BookSense.com grows into an even better product than it already is, youll find new and exciting ways to replicate the passion, commitment, knowledge, personality, and character you exhibit in your store, on your Web sites.
Below is a list of the most recent changes to BookSense.com:
- We have added an option on the BookSense.com shipping confirmation page (in the checkout process) that will allow a consumer to designate a preferred carrier for ground shipment. For example, the consumer may now choose the U.S. Postal Service for delivery rather than UPS, which was previously the default carrier. We made this change after booksellers informed us that orders going to P.O. boxes, military addresses, and prisons were getting bounced back. With the new shipping option, the customer can choose his or her preferred carrier.
- After much hand-wringing and after consultation with dozens of booksellers, "Usually ships in 24-48 hours" has been changed to "Usually ships in 1-5 days."
- For stores uploading inventory, "On Our Shelves Now" has been changed to "On Our Shelves as of 8 a.m. Today."
- We have removed the years "2000," "2001," and "2002" as possible expiration dates in the credit card selection box on the checkout process/billing information page.
- We have made some changes to the default language in the affiliate FAQ and description to better explain the program to potential affiliates.
I look forward to next month's "BookSense.com On the Move
" If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call BookSense.com customer service at (800) 637-0037, ext. 1234, or send an email to email@example.com.