The American Booksellers Association’s Pre-Order Calendar highlights an array of upcoming titles that indie booksellers can consider promoting for pre-order through their stores.
The calendar specifically features books with added value, such as signed copies and exclusive merchandise, to entice customers to order from their local indie bookstore.
Updated each week, the calendar outlines selected books’ publication dates and details for ordering from publishers. When available, titles on the calendar will also link to a page with publishers’ downloadable digital marketing assets.
New items available for pre-order are indicated by the date they were added in red. Titles featured in a pre-order ad in an upcoming Indie Next List flier will have the notation *INL: Month* or *KNL: Month* for the kids’ list.
Some highlights from the Pre-Order Calendar, all added in recent weeks, include:
- Alone Together : Love, Grief, and Comfort During the Time of COVID-19 by Jennifer Haupt (Ed.) (Central Avenue Publishing, 9781771682282, Paperback, $16.99, on sale September 1) All contributing authors, the publisher, and the distributor (IPG) are donating their share of the profits to the Book Industry Charitable Foundation (Binc).
- The Lying Life of Adults by Elena Ferrante (Europa Editions, 9781609455910, Hardcover, $26, on sale September 1); new assets added.
- Just Us by Claudia Rankine (Graywolf Press, 9781644450215, Hardcover, $30, on sale September 8)
- Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson (Katherine Tegen Books, 9780062840356, Hardcover, $17.99, on sale September 15); new assets added.
- The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore, Loren Long (Illus.) (HarperCollins, 9780062869463, Hardcover, $18.99, on sale September 15); new assets added.
- Super Good Baking for Kids by Duff Goldman (HarperCollins, 9780062349811, Hardcover, $21.99, on sale September 29); new assets added.
Every bookstore has the ability to take pre-orders, either in-store or online, if they have e-commerce capabilities. Booksellers can review the Pre-Order Calendar for more information.